Eleven IPython keyboard tips/shortcuts to Move Around Easily.
- Ctrl-p or up-arrow: Access command history in backward
- Ctrl-n or down-arrow: Access command history in forward
- Ctrl-a: Move cursor to beginning of line
- Ctrl-e: Move cursor to end of line
- Ctrl-f: Move cursor forward one character
- Ctrl-b: Move cursor back one character
- Ctrl-l: Clear screen
- Ctrl-r: reverse history search (reverse -i search)
- Ctrl-c: Cancel current action
- Ctrl-k: Delete text from cursor until end of line
- Ctrl-u: Clear all text on current line
If the above tips sound familiar, you got it right. Most of the iPython keyboard shortcuts are the same as the terminal keyboard shortcuts.